Together, we have spirit.
The purpose of the Club is a non-profit volunteer organization composed of parents, staff and other interested parties whose mission is to enrich and promote athletic programs at Walden School in an atmosphere that is consistent with the educational philosophy of the school community. The mission is to raise funds to enhance and expand the athletic programs, support the athletes, their coaches, and the administration, in order to allow Walden teams to achieve their full potential. While the Club primarily exists to assist with financial support, the Club also strives to promote good sportsmanship, high ideals of character and academic achievement. The Club will also fulfill any legal, reporting or governing guidelines as outlined by the KHSAA (Appendix A).
The objectives of the Club are as follows:
- Develop an organization with an active and involved membership that is concerned with the total athletic program and all of its participants regardless of sex, race, socio-economic status or chosen sports activity.
- Promote school spirit and sportsmanship and encourage attendance at all Walden athletic events.
- Encourage and support the academic endeavors of Walden’s student athletes.
- Provide supplementary financial support for the various athletic activities at Walden.
- Aid the staff in organizing and staging special events and projects (such as banquets, large track meets, etc.).
- Aid and support the school staff in the areas of sports promotion, publicity, and program development.
- Assist the school staff as needed by informing and encouraging the Walden Spirit Club – the Loud and Proud Wolverines.